Thursday, October 22, 2015

Always Believe Bestie

Hello everyone.

Here I am again today with another fast and simple card for you.  Today I used the Always Believe digi file from the store.   There are so many wonderful uses for this digi and it comes with a sentiment as well  However, I chose to create my own sentiment.

I love the paper that I used for this card.  It is one of my most favorite.  Bazzill Basic Paper Garden vines.

Ya know, I do not use flags on my cards often, because I simply never seem to get them to cut straight, and a crooked flag drives me crazy.

However, i have a fun new technique that I am learning more about for my cards and scrapbook layouts. I recently started working with Toner Reflective Foil.  I think they add such a different element to your cards.  However, on this card, I tried something just a little bit different.

I first cut my sentiment out with my cameo.  I simply used plain white card stock to do my cut.  I then took that cut and covered it with Versa Mark ink and then a white heat embossing powder and followed the directions as given being careful with my heat gun not to scorch the letters.  Once I finished with the embossing, and while the letters were still hot, I added the foil and ran it through my foiling machine.   I really like how it turned out, with a few little spots which I discovered was where I was holding the letters with my tiny tweezers.  I really like the textured look that you get when you emboss first, then add the foil

Here is my card, I hope you like it!



2 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet card. I love the sentiment. It goes perfectly with this image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love this technique, thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.