Sunday, October 25, 2015

My Bestie Mixed Media Project for Breast Cancer Awareness

Hello crafty friends! 
I am back again with another Breast Cancer Awareness project. 
This time I played with mixed media.
 I love this style of art and am having so much fun learning new techniques. 


I used the Ribbon of Hope  image which can be found in Sherri Ann Baldy's Etsy Shop and in the My Bestie Shop. I colored her with Copic markers and then fussy cut her. Instead of cutting around every curl I just cut along the outside of her hair and then used a small paint brush to paint Dylusions bubblegum and crushed grape ink sprays on the white spots. 

.

My canvas for this project was a side off of a Cheez-it cracker box. 
I love the thought of turning trash into a treasure. 
 To prepare my "canvas" I painted it with Gesso. Once the Gesso was dry I went to work adding texture, color and then embellishments. 



I thought this was the perfect sentiment for someone fighting cancer. Heck, it's perfect for anyone going through a trial in their life. 





I finished off the back of my project with some pretty Breast Cancer Awareness papers that I found at Joann's. 


Are you looking for a way to do service?  Chemo Angels is an incredible program that allows you to do "service" for someone that is fighting cancer.  You fill out an application and they pair you with someone that has similar interests as you. Then you send cards and small gifts to lift the spirits of your Chemo Buddy who is currently going through chemo. There are different types of Angels. Chemo Angels, Card Angels, and Prayer Angels.  They even have Senior Angels. I currently have one Chemo Buddy through Chemo AngelsIf you know anyone who is or will be going through chemo, please share Chemo Angels with them. See if they would like to sign up to be a Chemo Buddy. There is an application on the Chemo Angels site. 

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you have been inspired. 
Have a craftastic day! 
Hugs, 
                        Tina Goodwin DT

5 comments:

Thank you for your comment.