Sunday, November 8, 2015

some fun with a Cat image


Sherri Baldy did a release on National cat day of some awesome new images... I thought I would share with you the card I made for this release and How I made the card.
 
Supplies
Sherri Baldy cat image
Copic pens see above
foil teal tape
Spare parts vintage purple flowers
Distress inks
 peacock feathers
 picked raspberry
 Spun Sugar
 Dusty concord
Spellbinders Paisley embossing folder A side
glue
double stick tape
White card stock
Dark Purple card stock
light purple card stock
Distress ink applicator mini
teal enamel drops

Copic markers

 after printing the image the first step was to color the  image

Then I just used a paper cutter and trimmed it to the size I wanted... then I added distress ink using picked raspberry and spun Sugar.... my applicator was dirty... oops so it also blended in other colors and I liked the look..
Then I started on my background.
I trimmed a piece of light purple card stock to the size I wanted...
then using distress ink peacock feathers, raspberry and dusty concord... I applied ink to the inside of the embossing folder.. this is what you get

Then I wanted to highlight some of the areas... so I took the raspberry and added some ink to the some of the raised areas on the background. and added the teal foil tape and mounted it on the dark purple paper.


then I did some direct to paper  on my white base card stock...  direct to paper is when you take your ink pad and apply it directly to your paper.  I did this with the peacock feathers.
Then I started to assemble the card
last but not least I added the flower and the enamel drops


Thanks for stopping by.... and make sure you visit the etsy shop and find this wonderful image and all the other new ones... 
Debbie 

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, she has an Aztec look to her with this technique! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Debbie! I enjoyed seeing the step by step pictures =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.