Saturday, February 25, 2012

Breaking News!!!


This is the card I made for My Daughter Nicole's 25th birthday. Nicole is a TV reporter for a station in Omaha. 
With this being her first big kids job. I wanted something special and unique.
When I saw that Sherri Baldy was doing Custom Avatar portraits  I knew I had found the image I wanted.
All you have to do is send Sherri a photo and she creates the magic.
This is what I sent Sherri
Sherri took the photo and gave me a color drawing which I framed and is part of Nicole's birthday gift.
and I also received a line drawing which I used to make the card.

The image was colored with Copic markers.  To make this card I used red, black and white paper.  The saying is a digital saying which I made up. 
I cut an oval opening in the red paper then I embossed the paper.  Next using Memories white dye ink I highlighted the embossing.  The next step was to  take the next size smaller die and cut a hole in the black paper 
and this I used to create a matted look.  .. I mounted the red on the black then centered my image. and then mounted it all on the white card stock.  The corners are black nail heads.
I hope you enjoyed this card.  and also can put up with a Mom's bragging.
thanks for looking
Debbie 


5 comments:

Thank you for your comment.