Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial

Hello everyone and thanks for joining us for another Tuesday Tutorial.  Katherine here today.  We are going to start alternating which DT member does the tutorial on a weekly basis.  Today, I have started a project using Gelatos as a medium.  I have more details over on my blog, so please hop over:  http://delightfuldesignsbykatherine.com/blog/?p=1195

I think there are three ways to use the Gelatos in order to give you different effects.  The first way uses a soft paint brush and water and gives you a lighter color.

The second way is to use the Gelatos directly on your watercolor or mixed media paper and gives you more of a textured effect which is what I will be wanting for this NEW image called "October Orange" by Sherri Baldy.

After you apply it, go in with some water on your brush.


The last way I use the Gelatos is with a waterbrush.  It gives a darker color and is very easy to use.


If you have time please head over to my blog for some other tips and recommendations on using Gelatos:  http://delightfuldesignsbykatherine.com/blog/?p=1195

Here's the full set that I purchased which has a wide variety of colors and comes with a waterbrush.


You will need to come back tomorrow if you would like to see my completed project with "October Orange".
Have a crafty day.  Katherine S DT


4 comments:

  1. Fab Tutorial Katherine! I have never heard of these before. Thank you for sharing.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Linda, I think you will love them. Please let me know if you try them :)

      Delete
  2. fabulous tutorial katherine.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karin, thank you for taking the time to have a look. Have a fabulous day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.