Thursday, October 4, 2012

Think Pink

Good Morning Crafty Friends and Followers

Well as we all know October is the month for Breast Cancer Awareness and there are quite a few challenge blogs which have challenges for this worthy cause. This is such a terrible disease and has touched a lot of women in the world today. I have had friends who have fought and won the battle and other's who have sadly passed away. So today my card is for every woman who has been affected in one way or another by this.

I have used Save the Pinks 2 by Sherri Baldy. You can purchase this digi over at Scrapbook Stamp Society.

Recipe & Method
1. A5 scalloped base card which I have layered Core'dinations pink card which has been embossed using M-Bossibilities Venetian. I then distressed to reveal the colour underneath and using Crafter's Companion Spray and Sparkle iridescent pink sprayed over it.
2. I printed off the image onto Stampgraphy card and using Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Rectangle die cut out. I coloured the image using my Copics, have you noticed she has pink streaks! Using pink Sakura Glitter pen on her top, ribbon and eyebrows. I then distressed around the image using Dew Drops Brilliance Pearlescent Orchid.
3. I used Copic RV04 to colour in the letters to make the words HOPE and CURE and then sprayed with the above spray.
4. From my stash I took 2 flourishes and sprayed them in Silver. To finish off I have made the Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon and added a pink gem.
I am entering this into the following challenges:
Link up for Pink - 2nd Annual Link
Lexi's Creations #75 - Pink
A Gem of a Challenge #56 - For the Girls
Celebrate the Occasion #82 - Breast Cancer Awareness
Cupcake Craft Challenge #212 - Think Pink
Craft Your Passion #130 - Save the Hooters or Owls
The Stamping Boutique - Pink Pink Pink
 
Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxx



3 comments:

  1. Sweet card for a worthy cause, love the colors and design. Thanks for your lovely visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.