Thursday, December 13, 2012

Sweet Like Candy...

Hello lovelies, Nicola here today with my project for today's design team post.

I have made a Christmas card for my Mum using a digi stamp by the fabulous Sherri Baldy

I absolutely love this digi, it is called "Sweet Candy Cane" and you can buy her HERE


I have chosen to go with traditional Christmas colours of red and green and I love using buttons so have added some of these on too for embellishment. I have also added a candy cane embellishment that I had and decorated with matching twine too. The greeting I typed out using my computer. Hope you like my card...

 
I have coloured the image using Letraset Promarker Pens in the following shades:
 
Skin Tone: Almond ~ Putty ~ Pale Pink
Eyes: Tea Green and also added a shimmer using a Sakura Gelly Roll Pen Clear Star
Hair: Tan ~ Sandstone ~ Cocoa
Clothes & Candy Cane: Poppy ~ Crimson ~ Cardinal Red ~ Pear Green ~ Olive Green
Outer Edge of Image: Warm Grey 1
 
The decorative paper I have used is some I already had in my crafty stash and I think it co-ordinates with the colours I've used perfectly.
 
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to showing you my next project soon!
 
Merry Christmas Everyone,
lots of love
Nicola XXX