Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A Taste of The Orient.....

Hello lovelies, NICOLA here today with a project for you.

I have made a card today using a gorgeous image from Sherri Baldy which you can buy HERE I absolutely loved My Bestie Cherry Blossom Geisha as soon as I saw her. I wanted to colour her using reds and greys and tried to make her hair kinda black. Now colouring hair dark is not my best thing but I will keep trying to perfect this. You know what they say, practise makes perfect!

So, onto my card and then I will give you the list of colours I have used....here she is....

 
I have used Letraset Promarkers in shades:
Skin: Putty ~ Almond ~ Dusky Pink ~ Sunkissed Pink
Hair: Warm Grey 3 ~ Ice Grey 4 ~ Ice Grey 5 ~ Cool Grey 4 ~ Cool Grey 5 ~ Black
Clothes: Ice Grey 2 ~ Ice Grey 3 ~ Warm Grey 2 ~ Poppy ~ Crimson ~ Berry Red ~ Ruby ~ Forest Green ~ Warm Grey 1
 
I couldn't resist embellishing with these black flowers and the sparkly blossoms, I think they go really well with the colours of the image.
 
Don't forget we have a challenge which you can enter over at the
Hop over and have a look and get your entry in!
 
I hope you have enjoyed your visit today. Don't forget to check out the newly released digis available by clicking on the shop link. So many gorgeous designs, you will be spoilt for choice.
 
Thanks for stopping by
have fun and happy crafting,
lots of love
Nicola XXX
 
 

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous card Nicola and great sketch and papers.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only just purchased this image. Wow you have done it so nicely and great papers too...love the colour scheme...luv aNNie

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card ... beautiful paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super card,great image! Hugs Kaija:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.