Saturday, October 17, 2015

Boo Kitty Bestie

Hello everyone, 

Today I am sharing the good and the bad.  It really does go both ways when you are trying to make a card or two, doesn't it.  

I have this adorable little bestie, holding her little kitty while sitting on a big ole pumpkin out in the pumpkin patch.  I had this great image all set up on my cameo to do a print and cut.  I got it all printed out, but my cameo software.  Once I did that, I lost the file to do the print and cut I had set up.  I was not a happy camper.  So that tutorial will have to wait for another card.  Change of plans is in order! 



This little bestie was colored with my Prismacolor Premier colored pencils. I have to say, this is my favorite way to  color.  Simply because I have better control with my colored pencils than I do my Copic or Prisma markers. 

I wanted to add the darkeness of night to the image, well, because bats (even cute ones) do not fly during the day.  Only at night.  So, I took a small sponge and my Slate Gray Close to My Heart ink and dabbed some color around the outside of the image after I colored it.  To further add to the spooky but fun nature of Halloween, I have this great paper stack that has this spooky tree with a raven in it.  I added this as the back ground to my card, and now, I am about as stuck as stuck can be for what I should/could do for the rest of the card.  I have a Halloween sentiment to add in the dark of the night (top right hand corner) of the image.  But anything and everything else I try to add just does not look good to me at all.

So here i where I stand, stuck, like knee deep in quick sand on what to do with this cute little Boo Kitty Digi. A ribbon at the bottom with a sentiment is not enough. Buttons and gems just do not look right.   What would you suggest I do with it?   My mind had one thing in my, and my tools and technology had another.  The result, is a Bestie Brain Freeze. 

So, here it is.  The card base is black...


6 comments:

  1. I think you might like her cut out? I'd then add a large circle behind her for a moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my plan Grandma Bonnie! I can't hand cut, so when my machine wouldn't cut her for me, I had to resolve myself to do something different. Which of course caused my brain freeze. I do like the idea of a moon behind her. Thank you for the suggestion.

      Delete
  2. This image is so cute. I often get Bestie Brain Freeze too. I like Bonnie's idea of putting a moon behind her. I think a layered sentiment above her would look nice also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina for sharing your suggestions. I do have a sentiment planned for her, but not a layered cut one. Something to consider if my other idea does not pan out. Thanks for your suggestion Tina.

      Delete
  3. Cute Kimberly. I agree sometimes buttons and gems don't look right on a card. I think clean and simple is great. I may have matted the inside with black again, just to make it pop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sher, you know I like clean and simple, which could be part of the problem with the design behind the bestie. I do agree with you that I should have added a layer of color behind the digi to get it to pop. Great suggestion.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment.