Thursday, January 21, 2016

Hearts

today I am going to share with you a how to card .  but first  this is one of the new releases from Besties...  I am using img899, I colored her with copic markers... and did a cut out...
my supplies for this card are
Spellbinders heart embossing folder
Lawn Cuts Stitched Rectangle
Cheery lynn Lace corner Deco E
Memory Box Precious hearts
Marianne Creatables LR0249
Crafter Companion Rose Pearl
Crafter Companion Green envy
Prima Flower Lalia
Inka Gold old silver
inka Gold Violet
Inka Gold Magenta
Inka Gold yellow gold
Inka Gold  gold
copic markers

I just got some Inka Gold is is from Viva Decor.

.. it like a gilding wax... it is very smooth and dries almost instantly ... I have been putting a little on my fingers and spreading it on the paper.. and when I change colors I rinse my fingers before reaching into the new pot.  I saw gilding wax demo'd on an English web site and knew I needed to try these... but I can never just get one color have to try a bunch of different colors and I am so glad I did
 for my background paper I started with a piece of Rose Pearl paper cut 5 X 7  I put it in the embossing folder ..
The next step was to add some old silver to the card stock
This is what the old silver looks like in the pot the color is almost more of a champagne color... I applied this one first.
I did not want to totally cover the card stock... needed to leave room for the other colors... next I added the violet
the colors blend and work together really well... I sort of apply with one finger and blend with another...
next I added the Magenta
this one did not show up as well on the pink card stock... but it did add to the sheen
then I added the yellow gold
the one on the left is yellow gold the one on the right is Gold... I wanted to show them together so you could see the difference I used the yellow gold on the background
I love the effect of the gold to this... The next step was to layer some more colors until I was happy 

This is the finished blending... the next step is to assemble the card.

trimmed the background to  6 x 4.5  Then layered it on a piece of the green card stock.. I also cut out a piece of  green card stock with my lawn cuts stitched Rectangle die cut... and took a piece of the trimming from the background and layered it on the die cut/...
I glued the Marianne  swirl behind the Bestie, Which I also glued down.  one of the things I do to help save card stock  when I am using the same color as the background I cut the piece out of the center..  and layer over it.
Then I added the heart die from Memory Box... I wanted it hanging from my Swirl.. Then I decided that the corners needed something so I cut  the corner dies out of green cardstock put that was just too much green.
so now time to try the gold Inka Gold... will it cover the green yes .. did a wonderful job... and gave the metallic look that is so in right now
Please let me know if you like this tutorial and if you would like to see more like this... or what you think would make it better
Thanks for stopping by 
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. I love this Background Debbie, Thank you for the tutorial! Hugs Julie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created here! I must get some of these =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.