Thursday, March 1, 2012

Butterfly Fairy


Well its getting to that time of the month when the new challenges are going live over at addicted-to-stamps and
Scrapbook Stamp Society, and have we got some challenges for you.......
This week the theme is The Garden Patch, and this is my card for the week.........
Its from a Digi Stamp by Sue Miller, and is a wonderful Hippy Fairy dancing on a Flower. Isnt she cute?
I coloured the design with my Promarkers, adding some glitter to the birds and flower centre, and then trimmed the image to size. I wanted the body to stand out from the card, so I carefully ran a knife around the edge of the fairy, being careful not to cut her out completely, and added a bit of Blue mica around the edge of her body.
.




Then I used the Spell Binders Lattice Rectangles die to cut the a sheet of Coredinations, I mounted the image and die cut onto some paper I had found in a water damaged book of William Morris designs.
I used the Blue Pearl Promarker to colour some White dotted ribbon, and the heads of 2 of the hat pins. I then fixed the ribbon to the back of the paper with some DST, and made a bow with the remnants. I cut the long shafts off the pins, and used Silicon Glue to fix the 3 pins, (One was left white,) and the bow. I also added a couple of butterflies to continue the Theme outside the main image, and draw the eye in to the picture.

Lou

xxx

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment.